In January 2017, Van Gelder Infratechniek provided the final traffic tunnel in Amersfoort of durable LED lighting of Saled. The extensive project started in the first quarter of 2016 and concerned all traffic tunnels in Amersfoort. One of the biggest tunnels fitted with energy efficient lighting is the tunnel Stadsring – Amsterdamseweg, dating from 1958.
Because the new LED tubes do not need a ballast, the energy consumption per light point decreased from 65 watt (of which 7 watt for the ballast) to only 25 watt. The lighting in the tunnels illuminate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Due to the conversion to durable lighting, the Municipality Amersfoort saves €6.400 each year on energy costs for just this tunnel. Moreover, the tunnel is much brighter illuminated and also the colour recognition improved, which will benefit the road safety.
View this project:
LED tunnel lighting
- Expert account managers and advisers
- At least 3 years warranty
- Large stocks, short delivery times
- Installation team with many years of experience
- The most important quality labels
- EMC certification: no failure in your digital network